What is Microblading?
This is the process of infusing pigment into the skin with a sterile micro needle to simulate the appearance of natural hair.
Hairstrokes are meant to be a subtle, natural enhancement and to create fuller more beautiful brows.
What is shading and softap?
This is the process of infusing pigment into the skin to simulate the appearance of filled in brows. This is a good option for you if you consider yourself a perfectionist!
You have the options to do microblading and shading separately, or combined! Whatever fits your style.
How long will my Semi-Permanent Cosmetics last?
Cosmetic tattooing is considered semi-permanent as it does not wash away, however pigments are designed to fade over time. Factors such as skin type, lifestyle, age, metabolism, medications, and pigment color affect the longevity of the tattoo. The sun and some kinds of lighting can affect the rate at which these pigments are broken down. To take care of your brows follow the aftercare instructions and touch-up your brows every 12-18 months (as needed). Touch-ups are normal and expected for Semi-Permanent Cosmetics.
*Please note that final results vary and CANNOT be guaranteed due to the nature of skin as it heals. A follow-up appointment is recommended at 4-6 weeks where we can assess your pigment retention and make any changes necessary. This appointment is $100.
What factors will affect my Semi-Permanent Cosmetics?
- Oily Skin: Increased oil production can cause hairstrokes to blur and heal lighter and powdery.
- Smoking: Smokers may notice that their Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will fade faster
- Anemia and iron deficiency: Your body will absorb these iron based pigments more quickly.
- Sun exposure: Increased exposure to the sun will cause premature fading. You will want to use a special sunscreen for your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics; I recommend Color Guard. You can find it on Amazon.
- Age and metabolism. The Faster your metabolism the faster the pigment will fade.
- Bleeding during the procedure: Excessive bleeding during your procedure will greatly affect how your body retains pigment. While this is not entirely in our control, it is important that you follow before care instructions to help minimize bleeding. This includes avoiding blood thinning medications, alcohol, and caffeine 24 hours before your procedure.
Do Semi-Permanent Cosmetics hurt?
Topical 5% Lidocaine is used to make you comfortable during your Semi-Permanent Cosmetic procedure, however pain tolerance varies from client to client. Having the procedure during your menstrual cycle may increase your sensitivity.
Are Semi-Permanent Hairstrokes right for me?
Hairstroke eyebrows heal best on normal to dry skin types. Hairstrokes may not work well on clients with very oily skin, large pores or previous permanent cosmetics tattoos. On those with oily skin types and larger pores, results may appear softer and powdery.
Clients who want a more defined or “made up” looking brow may be happier choosing to have the shading done as well as the strokes! (this can be discussed at your initial appointment).
Client’s with thin skin or Rosacea cannot receive hairstroke brows.
The hairstroke method is designed to blend with your natural brow hair, the more hair you have the more realistic results will appear. If you have very little or sparse eyebrow hair results will appear flatter, and it is possible that you may need more than two sessions to achieve your desired result.
Hairstroke brows are not meant to entirely replace makeup. Eyebrow pencils and powders may still be needed.
You cannot receive semi permanant cosmetics if you are:
- Are currently using Accutane or have used Accutane within the past year
- Have a freshly tanned/sunburned face
- Are on blood thinning medications or antibiotics
- Have Rosacea
- Are currently undergoing cancer treatment
- Must be off Chemo or Radiation for 6 months
How should I prepare for my appointment?
If you have reference pictures, please feel free to bring these to your appointment. Along with the pencil or powder you are currently using.
If you tint your brows you will want to do so 72 hours before your appointment.
Helpful tip!! Wash your hair before coming to the appointment. You will not be able to get your brows wet for 7-10 days after!! You will have to avoid your brows in the shower, and wash around them with a washcloth or makeup remover wipe when removing makeup.
You must not use Retin-A near the brow area 2 weeks before or after the procedure.
You will need to avoid water for 7 -10 days after! This includes excessive sweating, pools, lakes, salt water, and extreme sun exposure, so plan your vacations accordingly!
No Botox, fillers, Microdermabrasion, chemical peels or anything of the like for at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure, and also two weeks after.
Doing any of the following will cause excessive bleeding during your procedure and will hinder your final result!!!
- Do not work out the day of your appointment.
- You should not take (unless prescribed by a Doctor) any medications that may thin your blood (i.e. Aspirin, Ibproferen) 72 hours before or immediately after your procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of your procedure.
- Avoid caffeine for 12 hours before your procedure.
What can I expect immediately after my appointment?
In the hours following your procedure your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will appear much darker and bolder than it will heal due to oxidation in the surface layer of your skin. Your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics could also appear warmer in color. You may experience some redness or swelling around the treated area, this typically disappears within 48 hours.
Around day 3 you may notice some flaking or light scabbing on the treated area, DO NOT PICK AT IT, doing so can result in loss of pigment in those areas. Brows may appear spotty or patchy until the entire brow has finished healing. You may notice that some areas may appear very light or even to have lost pigment entirely after they have peeled, the epidermis will be thicker causing muting, hiding or diffusing of pigment underneath. The epidermis will normalize over the next 4-6 weeks and softened pigment should appear more clearly on surface of the skin.
At 4-6 weeks your brows will be fully healed. Whatever pigment that does not return will be addressed at your touch up appointment or if you’d prefer darker, bolder brows we can always add more color or dimension during that appointment!
What will my home care be?
- Put on the balm I give you 4 times daily with a Qtip for 2 weeks
- DO NOT get brows wet for 10 days. ( Includes showers, sweating, hot tubs and saunas )
- DO NOT pick, rub, or scratch brows.
- Avoid direct sunlight for at least 14 days. ( Includes tanning beds )
Do I need a touch-up/follow-up appointment?
Yes! All Semi-Permanent Cosmetic procedures require 2 sessions. During your 4-6 week follow-up we can assess your pigment retention and make any adjustments needed. This follow-up also increases the longevity of your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics.
Do I need a consultation before getting Semi-Permanent Cosmetics?
I do not offer consult appointments, if you have a specific question or concern you are welcome to text. I book enough time to discuss your needs and wants at the initial appointment. if you are in need of correction work or have had your brows tattooed elsewhere, you will need to in text me a photo before booking. This way we can schedule adequate time.
How long does the procedure take?
Initial appointments take approximately 1.5 to 2 hours. This includes the designing process, numbing the area, and Semi-Permanent Cosmetics procedure. Follow-up sessions take approximately 1 hour.
I have had my brows tattooed before, can you fix them/touch them up?
I require that anyone who has had their brows tattooed previously by another artist text me a picture before booking an appointment. This way we can discuss price, your options and schedule sufficient time.
How can I book an appointment?
Please contact me through the "Book Appointment" option on my website.
What is your cancellation policy?
I require 72 hours notice to make any changes to your appointment.
Forms of payment:
I prefer cash, and accept Venmo or Card with 3% fee.
Thank you so much for reading, and I look forward to meeting you and doing your brows!!